Our goal at the Spartanburg Day School is for every student to develop the tools he or she need to succeed in the classroom, in college and beyond.
Our small class sizes allow teachers to focus on our students as individuals. If a student needs assistance beyond the classroom, there are a number of programs available to provide him or her with the necessary support, through our VISTAS program. (Varied Instructional Strategies for Teaching All Students).
- The Aftercare Program offers daily study halls after school for 1st through 8th graders. Students complete homework assignments in a supervised setting, with access to the school’s computer labs and school library.
- Organizational tutorials, grouped by age level, are also held daily after school for 1st through 8th graders. Parents decide how often the student will attend. These tutorials assist students with study habits, time management and daily homework assignments.
- One-on-one tutorials by subject matter (organizational skills or classroom subjects) are available throughout the school day and after school for Middle and Upper School students.
- Students needing academic support during the school day may receive assistance through the VISTAS Program. Click here to learn more and visit the VISTAS Web site >> Parents of enrolled students have access to this resource and can obtain guidance and information from Tara Greer (ext. 2418), the VISTAS Director, or from the Head of their student’s School Division.
- The VISTAS Program offers small group and individual tutorials during the summer months.
- Consultations with Dr. Bev Whitmire, consultant to the Spartanburg Day School, regarding individual Spartanburg Day School students are available by appointment.
For more information
New parents and students interested in learning more about these programs are encouraged to visit the Spartanburg Day School campus. For tour information, contact the Admission Team at (864) 327-0800. Or you can email:
Shawn-Michael Wilson, Associate Director of Admissions - firstname.lastname@example.org