New families quickly find friends among fellow Spartanburg Day School parents, many made through the Parents' Club.This active group of volunteers meets monthly to plan and organize more than 30 events throughout the school year, from the Gala Auction to teacher appreciation lunches, homecoming, award nights and many more.
If you have a child enrolled at the school, you’re automatically a member. Come to a meeting or contact one of the officers to learn how you can participate.
Parent involvement has always been important at Spartanburg Day School. When the school was established in 1957, the "Mother's Club" made sandwiches and soup for students daily.
- Parents' Club Meetings
- Annual Gala & Auction
- Box Tops, Amazon, Rewards Cards & More!
- Contact Us
Math-A-Thon is an exciting math challenge for students in all grades. Students participate in a two-week math challenge to raise money for the school and to compete for exciting rewards and prizes.
Click here for details on the inaugural 2017 Math-A-Thon.
Or click here to support the Math-A-Thon.
The SDS Gala and Auction is a Parents’ Club fundraiser held annually in March. Parents and faculty are invited to browse a myriad of silent and live auction items, while enjoying fine food, music and spirits. Although event themes and locations may change, there is always a good time had by all.
Please click here for more information about the raffle for free tuition for a year that will be auctioned off at the Gala!
Boxtops for Education:
Boxtops for Education is a great revenue source for SDS. Throughout the school year, please remember to save your boxtops.
- Please bundle them in groups of 50 and turn them into your child's teacher with the child's name, the teacher's name and the number of Boxtops included.
- Click here to see a list of participating Boxtops for Education products.
- Please note that Boxtops can expire.
- Designated Boxtop drop-off areas are located in division offices.
available at division offices or Milliken Lobby front desk
- Every time you present your Publix rewards card in the check out line, SDS will receive a percentage of the total spent.
- Pick up an Office Depot rewards card, and present it at check out. Spartanburg Day School will receive 5 percent from your purchase of school supplies.
Login using your amazon account email and password. Type in Spartanburg Day School as your charity and click submit. Your amazon or amazon prime account will now show on amazonsmile and give a percentage of your purchases to SDS every time you shop.
Please contact us if you have any questions about a Parents' Club event, or if you would like to serve on one of our many committees.
- Presidents-Anna Converse and Misti Hudson
- Vice President-Katherine Harake
- Secretary-Kitsy Babb
- Treasurer-Kelly Reid and Jeanie O’Shaughnessy
- Past President-Carter Graves
REPRESENTATIVES AND COORDINATORS
- Lower School Representative-Leah Kent
- Middle School Representative-Jaime Boyd
- Upper School Representative-Amy Oakes
- Band Representative-Mary and George Haddad
- Faculty/Staff Member-Mimi Killoren
- New Family Member Coordinator-Shawn Wilson and Bethany Cobb
- Grant Coordinator-Chair Laura Pinkley and Vice-Chair Laura Stille
- Opening Picnic-Chris Overcarsh and Rebecca Hedges
- Grandparent’s Day-Belle Montgomery and Winn Taylor
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch-Leah Kent and Marjorie Boafo Appiah
- Graduation-Mary Freedman
- 8th Grade Graduation-Laura Montgomery
- Bake Sales-Sheri Daniels and Amy Lawson
- Fall Festival-Mary McAbee and Karen Lyon
- Gala-Chair Elizabeth Rabb and Alison Fogarty
- Gala Auction Chair - Alice Dawson
- Gala Decorations-Beth Harley
- Box Tops-Chair Jayne Belmont and Francie Satterfield
- PR Representative-Lee Healy
- Book Fair-Chair Michel Stone and Vice-Chair Laura Gramling
- Griffin Backers-Ashley Henderson
- Publix/Amazon Smiles-Mary Pacolet Genoble
- Junior Cookout-Mary Freedman
- Spirit Wear-Paige Hannah and Sarah Hunt-Barron
- Raffle Tickets-Duffy Baehr