New families quickly find friends among fellow Spartanburg Day School parents, many made through the Parents' Club.This active group of volunteers meets monthly to plan and organize more than 30 events throughout the school year, from the Gala Auction to teacher appreciation lunches to bake sales, award nights and more.
If you have a child enrolled at the school, you’re automatically a member. Come to a meeting or contact one of the officers to learn how you can participate.
Parent involvement has always been important at Spartanburg Day School. When the school was established in 1957, the "Mother's Club" made sandwiches and soup for students daily.
- Parents' Club Meetings
- Annual Gala & Auction
- Box Tops, Amazon, Rewards Cards & More!
- Contact Us
Math-A-Thon is an exciting math challenge for students in all grades. Students are asked to participate in this annual math challenge to raise money for the school and to compete for great rewards and prizes.
The SDS Gala and Auction is a Parents’ Club fundraiser held annually in March. Parents and faculty are invited to browse a myriad of silent and live auction items, while enjoying fine food, music and spirits. Although event themes and locations may change, there is always a good time had by all. Check back for details on this year's event, scheduled for March 10.
Boxtops for Education:
Boxtops for Education is a great revenue source for SDS. Throughout the school year, please remember to save your boxtops.
- Please bundle them in groups of 50 and turn them into your child's teacher with the child's name, the teacher's name and the number of Boxtops included.
- Click here to see a list of participating Boxtops for Education products.
- Please note that Boxtops can expire.
- Designated Boxtop drop-off areas are located in division offices.
available at division offices or Milliken Lobby front desk
- Every time you present your Publix rewards card in the check out line, SDS will receive a percentage of the total spent.
- Pick up an Office Depot rewards card, and present it at check out. Spartanburg Day School will receive 5 percent from your purchase of school supplies.
Login using your amazon account email and password. Type in Spartanburg Day School as your charity and click submit. Your amazon or amazon prime account will now show on amazonsmile and give a percentage of your purchases to SDS every time you shop.
Please contact us if you have any questions about a Parents' Club event, or if you would like to serve on one of our many committees.
- President - Misti Hudson
- Vice President - Laura Stille
- Secretary - Kitsy Babb
- Treasurer - Kelly Reid and Jeanie O’Shaughnessy
- Past President - Anna Converse
REPRESENTATIVES AND COORDINATORS
- Lower School Representative - Leah Kent Fluegge
- Middle School Representative - Sally Thomas
- Upper School Representative - Krista Stone
- Band Representative - TBA
- Faculty/Staff Member - Mimi Killoren
- New Family Member Coordinator - Shawn Wilson and Bethany Cobb
- Grant Coordinator - Laura Pinkley
- Back-To-School Picnic - Bethany Cobb
- Grandparents Day - Belle Montgomery and Winn Taylor
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch - Leah Kent Fluegge
- Graduation - Karen Lyon
- 8th Grade Recognition - Mary Pacolette Genoble
- Bake Sales - Ann Mullins Johnson
- Fall Festival - Anna Converse and Misti Hudson
- Gala Chair - Rebecca Hedges
- Gala Auction Chairs - Sims Bowmeester and Alice Dawson
- Gala Decorations - Claudia Player
- Box Tops Chairs - Jayne Belmont and Francie Satterfield
- PR Representative - Lee Healy
- Book Fair - Laura Gramling
- Griffin Backers - Ashley Henderson
- Publix/Amazon Smiles - Mary Pacolet Genoble
- Junior Cookout - Lyssa and Eric Foust
- Spirit Wear - Elaine Gosnell
- Math-A-Thon - Elizabeth Rabb and Alison Fogarty
- New Parent Liaison - Marjorie Appiah