Spartanburg Day School is actively seeking staff members to join our Extended Day team. Typical hours for the position are M-F 2:30-6 p.m. (some flexibility available, as needed). This position would primarily serve in our Preschool rooms.
Members of our Extended Day staff are to create a safe and caring environment for children during the afternoon program. This position will supervise activities and engage children in our Lower School division.
Key responsibilities are:
- Promote and adhere to established Extended Day and SDS policies
- Conduct constructive, competent supervision during Extended Day hours
- Support and prepare daily activities suitable to the interest and capability of the student
- Maintain accurate attendance records
- Assist and supervise children cleaning up after activities
- Supervise students on playground and during outside time
- Assist students with snack each afternoon
- Demonstrate patience when interacting with students, parents, and faculty
- Willingness to work with various age groups
- Follow established emergency procedures
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Prior experience working with children, required
- Teaching Certificate, preferred
All SDS faculty must successfully pass a background check upon hire and periodically during employment. SDS participates in the E-Verify program.