Spartanburg Day School seeks substitute teachers in all divisions (Preschool, Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School).
- Carry out lesson plan instructions from the classroom teacher, and/or create lesson plans in absence of a prepared lesson
- Take attendance according to school procedure
- Assign homework according to teacher's lesson plans
- Supplement lesson plans with your own class activities if lessons end early
- Create and maintain a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and productive learning environment in accordance with school policies
- Complete a report form, including absences, progress with lesson plan, disciplinary actions, positive experiences, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- DSS certification for Preschool
- Advanced competency in at least two subjects; general competency in all others
- Confidence and proficiency in giving instruction
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass background check
- Teaching certificate
Please send either an application or resume along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.