We're pleased to say great progress was made in this first year of implementation. Among newly completed items, achieving our target of securing $2 million in pledges to the endowment toward a goal of $10 million by 2022, and raising more than $562,000 in unrestricted Annual Fund giving, exceeding our goal of $500,000.
Elevate Learning & Teaching Excellence
- Define the SDS educational philosophy
- Complete "Portrait of a Graduate" and communicate broadly
- Support educational philosophy and curricular alignment with dedicated professional development resources.
- Conduct a needs analysis for a curriculum coordinator and department chairs, including structure and costs
- Research and adopt digital citizenship curriculum
- Review current cycle for technology replacement and make recommendations for future needs
- Create Middle School after school program ✔️
- Create athletic program mission statement/philosophy ✔️
- Explore new opportunities to enrich fine arts programming
- Add the German language as a course offering in the Upper School ✔️
Support Faculty Quality & Engagement
- Reorganize the business office to create Human Resources expertise for school wide support ✔️
- Evaluation process documented for all faculty.
- Increase outreach to cultivate prospective faculty
- Complete and present a faculty salary study to include competitor and industry information for salaries and benefits
- Redesign on-boarding of new faculty with goals of informing and supporting ✔️
- Create a comprehensive hiring process for all faculty
- Develop a system to support ongoing professional growth and development for all faculty
- Define the value proposition for faculty
Strengthen Culture & Community
- Develop a process for annual survey implementation and feedback
- Be more intentional in all aspects of the Griffin experience for every faculty member, student and parent.
- Leadership Team to enhance internal communications
- Parents' Community to focus programs on community building and parent connections
- Increase social opportunities, educational programming and school spirit through athletics and other school events
- Study the student experience by collecting data relating to wellness
- Gather data through surveys and feedback opportunities to study school culture and inclusion
Achieve Financial Sustainability
- Secure pledges of $2 million toward a $10 million goal by 2022 ✔️
- Raise $500,000 in unrestricted Annual Fund giving ✔️
- Explore partnerships to support new student enrollments through endowed funding
- Solicit two donor restricted funds of up to $25,000 for funding new programs and ideas
- Build relationships with community partners to enroll new students
- Increase international student enrollment
- Foster and improve relationships with college partners for admission of new college partnership students.
- Reintroduce the planned giving program with a goal of $3 million in planned gifts by 2022
- Study the impact of $2,000 - $4,000 grants to build enrollment
- Update master plan for facilities renewal and replacement
* ✔️ completed