Applying for Flexible Tuition
Flexible tuition is available on the basis of demonstrated need for applicants in grades K-12.
If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total costs of a Spartanburg Day School education, you are encouraged to apply for flexible tuition.
This page provides an overview of the flexible tuition process, frequently asked questions, as well as important deadlines. If you have any questions, please call or e-mail the Admissions Office. Thank you for considering a Spartanburg Day School education for your family.
- Applying for Flexible Tuition
- Flexible Tuition - Required Supporting Documents
- Payment Schedules
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Annual Renewal
- Expenses to Anticipate
- Students must complete the application for admission process, be accepted to the school and complete enrollment prior to applying for flexible tuition.
- There is a $40 fee to complete the FACTS application.
- Flexible tuition decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or ethnic origin.
- Flexible tuition amounts are determined on the basis of the need of the family.
- The flexible tuition process is confidential.
- The parents of each applicant must re-apply annually.
FACTS requires the following documents of all flexible tuition applicants to determine financial need:
- Copy of your most recent 1040 income tax returns with original signatures
- Business/Farm Statement and Corporate Tax Return/Schedule C/Schedule F (as needed)
- Copy of W-2 Forms
- Copy of most recent pay stub
- An 12-month payment plan, or
- A full tuition plan, paid by June 15. (Please note that families who pay in full by June 15 receive a financial incentive.)
For priority consideration, flexible tuition applications and all supporting documentation for new families must be submitted by Feb. 15. Applications received after the priority application deadline on Feb. 15 will be considered on a rolling basis.
Initial flexible tuition awards are made by March 15 and continue throughout the year based on funding availability. New families have two weeks to formally accept the award within the FACTS system.
Flexible tuition amounts are determined annually. Each year, parents must re-apply for flexible tuition through FACTS by the Jan. 10 priority deadline. Applications received after Jan. 10 will be considered on a rolling basis.
Unless there is a significant change in annual income or available assets, parents can normally expect a similar flexible tuition amount from year to year if the student's performance at the Day School meets the expectations of the Flexible Tuition Committee.
- Lower School: $25-$125 (field trips)
- Middle School: $100-$500 (books, technology)
- Upper School: $450-$700 (books, technology)