Spartanburg Day School accepts international student applicants to our Upper School for grades 9 - 11, culminating with graduation after 12th grade.
We have welcomed students from Brazil, China, Germany, South Korea, Spain, Turkey and Vietnam to our community.
International students who are accepted into our program will be immersed in all areas of school life.
- Academics - International students will be challenged through versatile and rigorous academic offerings, highlighted by 20 Advanced Placement classes. They will also be supported as they transition to Spartanburg Day School through our ESL (English as a Second Language) program.
- Athletics - International students, along with our domestic students, are required to participate in sports on a yearly basis. Students have the opportunity to choose from 10 different sports.
- Creativity - all students have opportunities to express their talents through our visual art classes or our performing arts (drama, band, strings).
- Experiential learning - Our Special Studies Week allows students to see new places and acquire new skills as they engage in non-traditional learning activities.
- Application Requirements & Deadlines
- Admissions Decision & Form I-20
- Host Families
- Upper School Information
Applicants must be a part of an international student agency. All of the following must be submitted to the Spartanburg Day School admissions office in order to be considered for admission.
- Student application and profile
- Teacher/counselor evaluation form
- Up-to-date official transcripts (translated in English)
- Applicant's personal statement
- SLEP or TOEFL official test scores
- Applicant Skype interview
Once the above application requirements have been completed and submitted, Spartanburg Day School will review the student's file. If the student is accepted, an enrollment agreement will be issued.
- When the School receives the completed enrollment agreement, an I-20 will be issued.
- The School must have a copy of the student's F-1 visa once it is issued. It can be mailed, emailed, or faxed.
Because we are are not a boarding school, all international students must live with a host family while attending Spartanburg Day School if the student's parent or guardian does not plan on living in the United States. The school works together with the student's international agency to place students with eager, qualified host families.
If you are interested in becoming a host family, please contact Trish Cobourn at email@example.com.
The Upper School balances a challenging curriculum with careful attention to each student’s progress and needs. Students benefit from a broad exposure to the classic liberal arts as well as sharpening skills including critical thinking, clear and persuasive writing and blending ideas across disciplines.
Please click here to learn about our Upper School academic program, student life, and more.
Please click here for an admissions brochure in the Chinese language