International Program for Homestay Students
Spartanburg Day School accepts international student applicants to our Upper School for grades 9 - 11, culminating with graduation after 12th grade.
We have welcomed students from Brazil, China, Germany, South Korea, Spain, Turkey and Vietnam to our community.
International students who are accepted into our program will be immersed in all areas of school life.
- Academics - International students will be challenged through versatile and rigorous academic offerings, highlighted by 20 Advanced Placement classes. They will also be supported as they transition to Spartanburg Day School through our ESOL (English For Speakers of Other Languages) program.
- Athletics - International students, along with our domestic students, are required to participate in sports on a yearly basis. Students have the opportunity to choose from 10 different sports.
- Creativity - all students have opportunities to express their talents through our visual art classes or our performing arts (art, drama, band).
- Experiential learning - Our Special Studies Week allows students to see new places and acquire new skills as they engage in non-traditional learning activities.
My time at Spartanburg Day School embodies everything I hoped for in an American high school experience. Even though I only attended SDS for my Junior and Senior year, the classes I took, the connections I built, and the sports I participated in all make the two years unforgettable. If you want a true American high school experience in a tight-knit community, where you can feel supported in every way by everybody, Spartanburg Day School will not disappoint!
- Yaochen Du, graduate, George Washington University