New families quickly find friends among fellow Spartanburg Day School parents, many made through the Parents' Club.
This active group of volunteers meets regularly to plan and organize more than 30 events throughout the school year, from the Auction to teacher appreciation lunches to bake sales, award nights and more.
If you have a child enrolled at the school, you’re automatically a member. Come to a meeting or contact one of the officers to learn how you can participate.
Parent involvement has always been important at Spartanburg Day School. When the school was established in 1957, the "Mother's Club" made sandwiches and soup for students daily.
Parents' Club Board:
- The Parents’ Club Board meets quarterly to discuss Parents' Club business and to ensure that all projects are moving forward.
- The Parents' Club schedules semi-annual all parent meetings to communicate the parents' club's goals and objectives for the year. This is also an opportunity for the school administration to give important updates within divisions and departments to our school community.
- Making connections with other SDS families is another important role of the Parents' Club. Social events, such as the Fall Festival, the Fr8 Yard social and divisional coffees are scheduled throughout the year - so please check the SDS calendar and come join in the fun!
- Parenting is a challenge - whether you have one child or four, helping them navigate the world can be tough. The Parents' Club works to schedule speakers and design programs to help educate parents about the issues facing our children today...from social media struggles, to bullying, eating disorders and more.
The Gala & Auction is a Parents’ Club fundraiser held annually in March. This year, enjoy a Night Under the Big Top, right here at SDS! Parents and faculty are invited to browse a myriad of silent and live auction items, while enjoying fine food, music and spirits. Mark your calendars for March 2, and click here for more information!
Boxtops for Education:
Boxtops for Education is a great revenue source for SDS. Throughout the school year, please remember to save your boxtops.
- Please bundle them in groups of 50 and turn them into your child's teacher with the child's name, the teacher's name and the number of Boxtops included.
- Click here to see a list of participating Boxtops for Education products.
- Please note that Boxtops can expire.
- Designated Boxtop drop-off areas are located in division offices.
available at division offices or Milliken Lobby front desk
Publix is phasing out their school cards. Please help the Spartanburg Day School Parents Club to continue to earn money by creating an account at publix.com. For every $37,500 spent cumulatively, we receive $250!
1- Go to www.publix.com/partners
2- Create an account
3- Select "Spartanburg Day School" under My Publix Partners
4- When making purchases at Publix enter your phone number at checkout. SDS Parent's Club will earn cash!
5- Ask Grandparents and friends to support us too!
- Pick up an Office Depot rewards card, and present it at check out. Spartanburg Day School will receive 5 percent from your purchase of school supplies.
Login using your amazon account email and password. Type in Spartanburg Day School as your charity and click submit. Your amazon or amazon prime account will now show on amazonsmile and give a percentage of your purchases to SDS every time you shop.
Please contact us if you have any questions about a Parents' Club event, or if you would like to serve on one of our many committees.
- President - Laura Stille
- Vice President - Sally Thomas
- Secretary - Tricia Barr
- Co-Treasurers - Lisa Southard & Cathy Norris
- Past President - Misti Hudson
REPRESENTATIVES AND COORDINATORS
- Lower School Representative - Mary Stewart Loring
- Middle School Representative - Beth Harley
- Upper School Representative - Molly Sherard
- Faculty/Staff Member - Mimi Killoren
- New Family Coordinator - Casey Bell & Bethany Cobb
- Grant Coordinator - Anna Converse
- Back-To-School Picnic - Bethany Cobb
- Grandparents Day - Belle Montgomery and Winn Taylor
- Teacher Appreciation Lunch - Leah Kent Fluegge
- Graduation - Alane Russell
- 8th Grade Recognition - Page Birney
- Bake Sales - Amanda Gilman & Mary Pacolette Genoble
- Fall Festival - Anna Converse
- Color Run Coordinator - TBA
- Gala Co-Chairs - Misti Hudson & Claudia Player
- Gala Auction Chair - Rozz Mills
- Gala Decorations - Claudia Player
- Box Tops Chairs - Sara McGirt
- PR Representative - Lee Healy
- Book Fair - Marjorie Appiah
- Griffin Backers - Ashley Henderson & Sheri Daniels
- Publix/Amazon Smiles - Laura Stille
- Junior Class Representatives - Gramlings & Tolers
- Spirit Wear - Elaine Gosnell & Sara McGirt
- Communications - Leigh Ann Langley