- Before you arrive
- What to bring
- Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Vehicle tags
- Lunch & snacks
- Health & safety
- water bottle, labeled with the camper’s name
- Preschool campers: In addition to a water bottle, please bring a nap mat and a change of clothes, labeled with your child’s name.
- Water Wednesdays: Each Wednesday, please send your camper in water clothes/swimsuit and bring a towel and a dry change of clothes.
- Drop-off begins at 9 a.m. each day, and pick-up is at 4 p.m.
- Preschool (2K, 3K, and 4K) campers should be dropped off and picked up at the 100 wing entrance, indicated with a red star on our campus map below. If preschool campers have older siblings attending camp, all children should be dropped off at the preschool location.
- K - 4th grade campers should be dropped off and picked up at the Lower School entrance. For those unfamiliar with our campus, the Lower School entrance is marked with a blue star on our campus map below. Pickup will be at the same location.
- 5th-8th grade campers should be dropped off at the Middle School entrance, marked with a gold star on our campus map below. Pickup will be at the same location.
- Sports camp (All Sports, Go for the Gold, Camp of Champs) participants should be dropped off at the Webster Athletic Complex, marked with a purple star on the campus map below. Pickup will be at the same location.
Early drop-off & late stay: Early drop-off (8-9 a.m.) and late stay pickup (4-5:30 p.m.) for all grade levels is at the 100 wing carpool area. The 100 wing is marked by a red star on the campus map.
*If you need to drop off or pick up your camper at a time other than regular arrival and dismissal times, please drive to the Lower School entrance and call or text Trish Cobourn at 864-680-4114.
Vehicle tags will be distributed and must be displayed to pick up campers. If a tag is not displayed, counselors will ask for identification from the individual picking them up. That person must be listed in our CampDoc system to pick up the child. If you have an emergency situation, please call Trish at 864-680-4114.
Daily health screenings
The health of our campus begins with families at home. Please assess the health of your child each morning before arriving at camp. Keep your child home and contact Trish Cobourn (864-680-4114) if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive.
Face coverings are encouraged but optional for all campers, faculty and visitors to campus. SDS supports families preferring their child wear a face covering while participating in Camp Griffin. Students who arrive to camp wearing a face covering will be encouraged to wear it at appropriate times throughout the day.
Assumption of Risk
Although Spartanburg Day School is making every effort to put health and safety first, as long as COVID-19 exists, there will be a risk that faculty, students and visitors to campus could become infected. A shared commitment to health and wellness continues to be important. All members of the SDS community are asked to do their part to protect themselves and others by following school health and safety protocols.
*All protocols are subject to change and may be updated as appropriate.