Our goal at the Spartanburg Day School is for every student to develop the tools he or she needs to succeed in the classroom, in college and beyond.
If a student needs assistance beyond the classroom, there are a number of options available to provide him or her with the necessary support through our VISTAS Program (Varied Instructional Strategies for Teaching All Students).
Students participating in the VISTAS program experience:
- enhanced self-esteem
- improved academic skills
- individualized and customized instruction
- specific skill instruction in basic reading, mathematics and writing skills
- instruction in global skills such as study skills, test-taking skills and organization
- general curriculum support
- full integration into grade level activities
- instruction in a one-to-one or small group setting
VISTAS teachers work in separate classrooms within the Lower School, Middle School and Upper School divisions. Designed for student success, these classrooms use proven techniques and integrated technology to best serve students.
The VISTAS program at SDS has been a life-changer for my son and our family. Early in my son's second grade year we discovered through testing that he has dyslexia. The VISTAS staff met with us and made a plan to ensure my son would get what he needed academically to thrive. And thrive he has! His VISTAS teacher works closely with his classroom teacher and our family to address my child's needs, strengthen his weaknesses, and push him further in areas where he excels. Their compassion, enthusiasm, and expertise are evident to our son and to my husband and me.
- Michel Stone, Parent